Daily home deliveries have become standard for many residents thanks to the shift to online shopping. You appreciate the convenience of having goods left right at your door, but there is a drawback. Those boxes sitting in plain sight are invitations to potential burglars. Porch piracy is a significant problem, but you have the chance to take action against it by installing a home security system with a doorbell doorbell. These components are effective tools to deter porch pirates, but they provide a lot more.
Take a moment to find out how they work and why they’re sure to become an essential part of your smart home.
Advantages of a Modesto video doorbell
Available in wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of advanced features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now customize detection zones, speak to whoever’s in front of your door, and receive real-time alerts whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to find out how a Modesto video doorbell camera works is to explore the many advantages it gives you. Consider the following features:
- Active deterrents: You won’t get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take an active role in dissuading theft with visual and audible warnings. This is a great way to let porch pirates know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You will benefit from seeing the complete picture, and that consists of the faces of visitors at your entry and packages on the walkway below. Options with 180-degree x 180-degree field of vision offer a complete perspective.
- High-resolution footage at any hour: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the purpose of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will provide incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Delivery alerts: Would you like to know when a package arrives? You can get immediate notifications from video doorbells capable of differentiating between individuals and packages.
- Speak with whoever’s at your door: Is a person lingering at your main entry? Two-way audio lets you find out why they’re there. You might even use this helpful feature to deter people lurking around your entrance.
- Cut down on false alarms: Top doorbell cameras will even give you the chance to configure your own detection zones. Restricting the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms brought about by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell configured into your smart home gives you the opportunity to see live and archived video directly from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you in touch with your home like never before, as you can engage with them from the palm of your hand, no matter your location. They’ll alert you when a visitor arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even permit you to communicate with the person at your door. They’ve become must-haves in terms of protection and convenience.