How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Modesto smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your security system as it connects your cameras, locks, thermostats, and security sensors into a unified system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel puts you in full control of your Modesto home’s automation and security. Get a better idea of how it can benefit you and find recommendations to get started.
How can the Vivint Smart Hub in Modesto help you?
Connecting wirelessly to components through radio wave signals and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your property. You can arm or disarm your system, control lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If integrating a video doorbell, you can even speak to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has a battery backup and built-in cellular connectivity for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation with the Vivint cell phone app.
Here are some of the tasks you can execute:
- View live or recorded footage from any integrated cameras
- Arm or disarm your home’s security
- Turn lights on or off
- Open or close your garage door
- Change your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Modesto by implementing schedules or establishing preferences. To illustrate, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a certain time. Or, you can set preferences like having your doors unlock if the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s simple - just follow these instructions:
- Tap the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will remain in the home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be leaving, and each sensor in the home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is blocking the system from arming. For instance, an open door will cue you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the security system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you would like to bypass the sensor that isn’t ready.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Modesto
Even though many users can be entered during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Press the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Select “Name,” type in the new user, and press the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote functionality, choose phone or email and provide the info to dispatch an request.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To take out a user, navigate to the menu, press users, pick the user you want to get rid of, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take charge of your home’s security and automation via an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Modesto home security system. Dial (209) 255-5672 to speak with a helpful Vivint agent.